Saturday, March 16, 2013

20,000 Page Views and 200 Posts in Two Years

In a little over a month I will be celebrating two years of writing posts for this blog. It has been a journey of sharing important moments and thoughts about genealogy. Today marks 20,000 page views and this is the 200th post. Similar to writing a diary, this will be a keepsake for my family and friends. After posting, the content is saved to my computer and printed, then put into notebooks.

After having five surgeries between 2004 and 2009, I took some time to evaluate my life and accomplishments. In amidst of all this I earned my degree from BYU in 2005 and then in 2010 became an AG. This was a very tough time for me. Recovery from brain surgeries is difficult and there are so many unexpected challenges. Genealogy saw me through this and other times in my life when there was need for a distraction. Doing research and writing blogs is very soothing and allows one to focus on details while fine-tuning our mental skills.

So, for the future I plan to keep on writing. If you occasionally find something entertaining or enlightening to read then my time is well spent. My goal is to encourage others in their quest for discovering their family history and talents that can be used in the research. We are blessed with so many tools for doing this work and those continue to grow every day. Thank you for sharing the journey with me and hopefully our paths will cross as we continue onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment