Thursday, January 27, 2022

Speaking Spanish

Sometimes when I am speaking in Spanish it is quite a challenge. Tonight when I called a good friend it was like the words flowed from me. This dear friend entered the United States from Mexico with the help of a sponsor. The sponsor was not very helpful to her and her husband and five children. For forty years this family has been dedicated to being self-supporting. They have crossed many hurdles along the way. Her birthday was this week and I wanted to wish her a happy birthday. She is the most genuine person I have ever met. After a busy week with five medical appointments this moment in time for me was a reprieve from worldly cares. We have passed milestones together. We are kindred spirits and forever sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment