Saturday, September 3, 2022

Volunteer Work and Limitations

Six years ago I toured a local house where the historical society operates a museum. We received a grant to cover materials for sorting totes, notebooks etc., and a large commercial fireproof and water resistant file cabinet. The museum is being remodeled on the lower level where these materials are stored. When finished there will be a dedicated research room. Family members also gave generous donations, as well as a community member. The family members who lived in the house are a valuable resource. As we enter the new phase I plan to offer limited scheduled appointments to provide advice and share information about what we have. I no longer take on major research projects as I am very focused on my own family research. There have been times when I pulled a staff person aside to explain, so that they know what my limitations are.

No comments:

Post a Comment