Thursday, January 12, 2023

Serendipity moment of the day - I finished sorting the collection of research materials I gathered for over 50 years. This work in progress has consumed my time since “Covid’ struck three years ago. Actually about a year before that I sorted all genealogy matter found in my office in preparation for this project. Since retirement and our move to the new to us house in 2015, things worked very slowly in this collection as I had health issues that at times brought me to a halt. In the beginning I read many books related to the families in question. Many people assisted me in gathering the information from the books and other materials. In the process I started writing the text of the book and added in items that I transcribed. Finally my wonderful friends challenged me to move forward to get the book published. What held me back was a large tote full of research emails, letters, family group records and pedigree charts, copies of many original records made from 2,000 and beyond. It is fun to see where my journey has taken me. All for one non-descript family divided into four lines from 1637-2023, for four individuals who have never met and yet pursue these people in tracing their history and putting perspective to their lives. The tote now holds a collection of nine notebooks which I accidently purchased in one of my few in person shopping trips. In the end they are truly a great way to sub-divide this collection. As I inch my way to publication, I can now put the words on paper so generations to come can know this unique family. Not so non-descript after-all!

No comments:

Post a Comment