Friday, August 9, 2019

Local Radio Program - Setting the Record Straight

Friday August 9, 2019
Spent the morning doing a radio program with Melinda Bernert of KOHI in St. Helens, Oregon. We had a delightful hour chat on Setting the Record Straight: the ins and outs of genealogy, the ethics surrounding DNA testing and how to get started on your own family tree. It was the morning of the local Association of Genealogist coffee meet up at Elmers. While I did miss being with them it was well worth my time to have this other experience. It also provided an opportunity to advertise for the upcoming Columbia County Genealogy Conference on September 21, 2019 at the St. Helens Public Library. It is a free conference, but registration is required and they only have eighty spots available. Registration begins August 19 at www.ci.st-helens.or.us/library.

1 comment:

  1. I truly enjoyed the Daniel Tidd story. I encountered him surfing the internet hoping that if I collected enough Tidd/Teeds I would find a link to my 4th. great grandfather Zephaniah Tidd who seems to appeared magically in Coxsackie, NY in 1790.

    Nice job putting a human face on it all.

    Jim Heffernan

    ReplyDelete