Friday, July 24, 2020

Shopping and Walking


Well I did it! The clerk at the store could not believe I had not been to a store in about five months. For a woman who loves to shop this was a dramatic change in my life. Our daughter Anne has very graciously shopped for our groceries and other needs. By the end of June I quit tracking the days I stayed at home. Until recently we had not been to a restaurant. We did some takeout meals and that helped.
Many organizations started doing online meetings and those have been a wonderful resource. A key part of the days were phone calls, messaging and face time with family and friends. The hardest time were the days David spent in the hospital after a trip by ambulance. We are grateful he did not test positive for Covid19 and neither did our two sons who were tested. Our lives slowed down. I read a lot, cleared through some clutter and worked on some genealogy projects.
Somehow I have to make time to get out and walk. That is what I enjoyed most today. People were respectful, it was not crowded at the $ store. What drove me in was getting birthday cards for our grandchildren and some things to send to them. I wore my mask, kept my distance. I also did curbside pickup at the library and we kept our distance. I was impressed that she wiped down my card before handing it back to me. For those who are being conscious of how to protect others a great big Thank You from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment