Friday, March 25, 2022

Family History and Genealogy Center

Susan Olsen LeBlanc I got my BA at BYU in Family History in 2005 and my AG in 2010. There were a lot of complications along the way. After graduation I continued to get information on job opportunities from the BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy Center. They provide free services to the public. You need to reach out to other genealogists and find a mentor if possible. Be open to doing volunteer work. Keep learning every day. After twenty years I continue to learn through webinars, blogs, newsletters, conferences, institutes, etc. Love the work and reach out to others. A college degree is great, but it only sets your foundation. My work includes every type of research one can imagine. Find your niche, but don't let it limit you and your growth. My blog gophergenealogy.blogspot.com is a reflection of that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment