Friday, August 12, 2022

The Book Process

I am still working on my book project. The research phase includes following all the bread crumbs left by previous researchers. When I finish with one, up pops another one. It is an amazing process. After reading an article about PERSI yesterday I went to explore the new set up at Allen County Public Library in Indiana. I found that my two articles are there as well as some for the surnames, but some are missing. The best part are the new listings of some older articles and some more recent. Today I sent in a request, which they replied to promptly and started working on today. The timeliness of these new discoveries feels like true serendipity. The key to it all is keeping an orderly record of where I have been, where I am at and what I want to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment