Thursday, May 7, 2020

Clear Blue Skies and Encouraging Each Other

Today was wonderful. Clear blue skies and an escape from the house for a ride about town. My good friend picked me up and we made several stops. Even though we kept our distance, we were able to visit with two good friends, our daughter and two granddaughters. Then we made a stop at Dairy Queen to pick up lunch and get some blizzards. We dropped off three blizzards at our daughters and then came by our house to drop off lunch with plans to go for another drive around town. On our way we saw our Relief Society President visiting with one of her counselors. Our plans quickly changed when we discovered our oldest son was at our house dropping off mother's day surprises. My friend left for home and just as we got settled visiting my older brother came by. The best part was visiting on the patio. We so need these people in our lives. It was amazing how many people were out. It is wonderful to see our town thriving. We can be careful and follow social distancing while still encouraging each other in the current struggles. Thank you to all who were a part of my special day!!!

1 comment:

  1. In 1950 I lived at 8417 N Johnswood Dr. I graduated from Sitton Grade School. My eighth grade teacher was George Shipley. We had church services every Sunday at the community hall. I lived with my Aunt, Abbie Beeler. Our phone number was UN (university) 4301. I am not sure, but I think our zip code was "3". I believe we used to go to A Fred Meyer store on Chautauqua Blvd in the early 1950's

    ReplyDelete