Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Homeschooling Our Children

I taught my older children for three years. Then my father had health issues and I needed to help with him. After they went to school I continued to volunteer in their classrooms. For my oldest daughter, who was bullied by some girls in school, I had her at home for her eighth grade year, the year my last child was born. After all six were in school I was asked to run for the school board. I did and served for eight years. In the meantime I served as Stake Primary President for four years and then taught Seminary for five years. In between I did child care for a few years. Time with my children was so precious to me. Now they are supporting and teaching us while we shift into retirement. They are all very close with each other. They are kind and thoughtful of others. Our health issues are concerning and I can feel a shift in our relationships which are very positive. They also supported and encouraged me through going back to college and getting a BA in family history. I wanted for them to know how important an education is for everyone. So far all have done some college work and they are gainfully employed. They each choose their own path and they are all very independent. So we all know what our limitations are. Life goes on and we must each choose our own path. Whatever you choose to do, do it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment