Wednesday, August 12, 2020

When did you start using a personal computer?

In response to Thomas McEntee post. Not sure what kind of computers we had, but my husband went to school in the field of computers, software and program development. He worked for the same company until retirement and they had to train someone to replace him. Now he is my tech support. Our first computer was in our very cramped bedroom and we had a houseful of children, in the 1980s. I only cared that it worked, would run my PAF database and let me do emails. The only computer class I took, with my mother, was on using Microsoft works programs at a high school. It certainly has paid off big time! Now I still have a tower, but I also have a wireless large monitor, mouse, keyboard, laptop and printer. I spend many hours in my crowded office with only things genealogy surrounding me and the children are grown and living elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment