Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Missionary Journal of Susan Elaine Olsen

 

Last night I started reading the journal I kept during my mission service in Guatemala. Now I am trying to decide if I should type it up to share with family and maybe some friends. My service was from September 1975 to March 1977. The first two months were in Provo, Utah at the Language Training Center, which was probably the hardest part. Once we landed in Guatemala I fell in love with the country, the people both Indigenous and the Latins, the food, the history, the church members, the games people played, foods and recipes, church meetings, shopping, traveling and so much more, but not the earthquakes. I never went back after returning home, but my mission was a pivotal point in my life. It made me appreciate my family and friends. The two Christmas I spent there were amazing. My love for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the rock for my life. However you believe or what you believe surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ, please know that he has been honored for centuries by people from all corners of this world and all walks of life. He can bring peace to your life. Now back to the question, should I type up the 200 page journal so it can be shared?

No comments:

Post a Comment