Sunday, November 13, 2022

Do We Really Know Our Ancestors

10 November 2022 I put away Halloween decorations and put out some of the Thanksgiving decorations. I am not into spooky things, but I do like the childlike wonder of the holidays. The weeks in between seem to pass so quickly and these days this is even more true. For November I enjoy looking at depictions of the Pilgrims, and other symbols of their lives. I ponder about what their lives were like. Were they really like how they are portrayed in drawings and other works of art? What was it like to step off a ship or small boat and know there was no going back? Did they have scary times when their lives were in peril? Most of our ancestors lived fairly long lives. What made their simple homes enjoyable and their families comfortable? I am grateful they were brave enough to come to New England. What do we really know about these ancestors?

No comments:

Post a Comment