Monday, November 14, 2022

Our Father Who Guides Us Still

14 November 2022 Today would have been my father's 88th birthday and I am so thankful for the short time I had with him on this earth. He has been gone thirty four years. It seems like just yesterday we were kneeling by the bridge steps he was working on at their home, discussing the impact of his brain tumor on his life. The two years he spent fighting this disease were admirable, his courage to be productive as long as possible. He loved life, the outdoors, working hard and providing for his family. As a son he honored and sustained his parents. Following his example one can be on a sure path of happiness and peace in this life. It was a huge trial when he passed away after a two year battle with a brain tumor at the age of 53. Our family thinks of him and our mother every single day. He loved life, being in the out of doors and creating things with his own hands. When I was teenager he actually added on to the house over the garage so I could have my own bedroom. As a young child he made me a table and chair set, a kitchen counter set and probably other things I don't remember. As a young person he refinished several pieces of furniture that were long family treasures. He also built items for his grandchildren. He fought the good fight and lived to do and accomplish so many things. I am so proud to be his daughter. His genealogy goes back to the early settlers of New England. We are thankful that we are blessed to have him as the patriarch of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment